Most spider bites cause only minor injury. A few spiders can be dangerous. In the United States, these include the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider.
To take care of a spider bite:
- Clean the wound. Use mild soap and water, and apply an antibiotic ointment.
- Apply a cool compress. Use a cloth dampened with cold water or filled with ice. This helps reduce pain and swelling. If the bite is on an arm or leg, elevate it.
- Use over-the-counter medications. Try a pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), or an antihistamine (Benadryl, Chlor-Trimeton, others).
When to seek medical care
Seek prompt medical attention in the following situations:
- You are unsure whether the bite was from a poisonous spider.
- The person who was bitten experiences severe pain, abdominal cramping, or a growing ulcer at the bite site.
- The person who was bitten isn't breathing.
Your doctor may recommend a tetanus booster shot if you haven't had one in the last five years.
Black widow spider
You can usually identify a black widow spider by the hourglass marking on its belly. The bite feels like a pinprick. You may not even know you've been bitten. In the United States, this spider is more common in the south.
Signs and symptoms of a black widow spider bite may include:
- At first, slight swelling and faint red marks
- Intense pain and stiffness
- Severe abdominal pain or cramping
- Excessive sweating
Brown recluse spider
The brown recluse spider has a violin-shaped marking on its back, but this mark can be hard to see. In the United States, its range is central and southern states.
Signs and symptoms of a brown recluse spider bite vary but may include:
- At first, a mild stinging
- Redness and intense pain, within eight hours
- A deep blue or purple area around the bite, which may develop a red ring around it
Publication Date: 2015-02-07
https://www.self.com/story/spider-bites-first-aid, GO TO SAUBIO DIGITAL FOR MORE ANSWERS AND INFORMATION ON ANY TOPIC
Take a look at our comprehensive guide to the best and most popular information ebooks and products available today on Detoxing, Colon Cleansing, Weight Loss and Dating and Romance. They are all in one spot, easy to find and compere to make a quick selection for the product that best fits your needs or wants.
So browse through a category and make your preferred selection and come back here to read more choice articles and get a few more helpful tips on ways to help your enhancement.
Colon Cleanse Reviews
Weight Loss Ebook Reviews
Dating and Romance Ebook Reviews